Dongdaemun | When in Seoul - HEY MIKIE

Thursday 5 May 2016

Dongdaemun | When in Seoul


This is the first time I went to Seoul and the first stop is Dongdaemun Market. We went there basically to meet my buddy's dad. So yeah after airport, we went straight to the market. No idea hahaha. 


It was a mall-ish type of place. The one we went to more than twice is Migliore Mall. A lot of cheap stuff! We went there and got really amazed. Maybe because there's no equivalent place here in Japan. In the Philippines though, there's 168 in Divisoria! Much much cheaper but that 's besides the point.


So after we checked the shops floor by floor, we went to eat dinner. At this point, I'm not really hungry but I'm so happy that I get to taste my first authentic Korean dish. It was spicy! But delicious.


I love that the staffs kept coming to our table to mix and check on our food even though obviously we can just do it ourselves. Got me really confused there. 


Korean buildings are usually of interesting structure. Like, irregular thing. This one reminds me of that building in Shinjuku that got me confused as well. It's pretty at night though with all the lights on. 

Streetfoods!
Picture time
Yummy Korean barbecues
Potato Corndog

On the second day, we went back because my buddy said she'll buy something but ya know! Didn't happen hahaha. But we managed to eat a lot of street foods which is awesome! The barbecue though! So spicy considering we didn't order the spiciest! How can people eat that kind of stuff? Goodness gracious. But the cheese one is good!

Badass

Also, they were having this B-Boy battle when we went. As we still have time, we managed to watch a battle. It was good! Definitely a place for Sunday events. Quite interesting.


On our third day, we came back because buddy told me she'll buy the stuff she's been meaning to buy already. Thank goodness! She should have bought it on the first day but anyways. Food!


It's a small restaurant underground and we have suceeded in finding small restaurants where local people would usually eat and yeah. Loved it! 


Also, we've ordered so much food that we were in food coma for a couple of hours. Not complaining. 


The pork sausage is a winner! Although I suggest that you consume everything while it's warm. That's our Dongdaemun adventure. Ciao! 

No comments:

Post a Comment