War Memorial of Korea | When in Seoul - HEY MIKIE

Monday 16 May 2016

War Memorial of Korea | When in Seoul


I kind of like history and it's only because when I was in highschool, I can perfect a test from my class or something. Easy to memorize, no computations involved. 


Totally got nothing to do with why we went here. We went here because apparently, according to my friend TripAdvisor it's the #1 thing to do when in Seoul. Yup. Didn't see that coming?


It's a cool place! Like, no sarcasm or anything, I swear. It really is.


Also, free admission! :)


This captured my attention. Because I think it's true in a lot of ways. And it's sad if you think about it. But that's how it goes. Like people at work, they always say I'm lucky because I'm still free. Free of obligations and that I don't have my own family and all that jazz. They're right. Because unlike them, I work for my own survival. They do it for someone else. I think I should enjoy my "freedom" more then. While it's free. 


Did you know that it is mandatory for guys to enter the military in Korea? Quite interesting, huh? 


This park is also very near the American Base and so I am thinking that this is mostly about that war. Maybe. Was there even?! Hahaha

Azaleas though
United States Air Force

This scared the hell out of me. I was like, are those real men? But nope! 

Missiles 

Then we enter the hall and it's cool to have a glance at what happened to the country before. They even have there a long long list of the soldiers who fought before. It's very nice to commemorate those who fought for their freedom and stuff. Also kind of tech-y inside. 

Yas.

I mean, if you have time to spare, even though if you're not into this kind of thing, it's a nice place to visit. You have nothing to lose. Plus! It's conveniently near the touristy spots of Seoul so I'm guessing it's near your hotel as well. Do check out! Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. I read all your seoul trip posts and it made me want to visit korea and seoul even more!!
    It looks like you had fun and the places you went are so pretty :)

    http://colors-of-miine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete