Fixing a Broken iPhone 6+ Screen - HEY MIKIE

Monday 21 December 2015

Fixing a Broken iPhone 6+ Screen

I had a total of four iPhones. I haven't had any of them glass shattered. Well until this happened. 

Very minimal damage

This is probably every iPhone owners' nightmare. The day they crack their screen. FYI I actually flinch when I see a broken iPhone. I don't know. Maybe I feel like they're gonna hurt themselves or something. Anyways, here's my story. Like, on my way home from the place where I bought my new bike, I dropped it. Great. Back story, even though it was raining, for a while, it was on the basket of the bike because I don't know how to go back home. I was checking on Google Maps so it was safe on the basket but then when I reached a familiar place, I decided to put it in my pocket to protect it from the rain. Then! When I was about to enter the bicycle's parking space of my mansion, I moved out of the bike and voila! My phone decided to move out of my pocket as well. Naughty phone if you ask me. I heard a loud crack but then I was on denial, maybe it's "not that kind of crack" because by that time, my phone was on like a thick notebook kind of casing but when I looked down, the casing was apart. Yappari. I then saw the crack. I saw a huge huge slice but when I lifted the screen protector, I was relieved. I was then like, can't do anything about the rest. I knew it should be fixed because not doing so would make the situation worse so yeah I was just happy that the phone is somehow usable and in not so damaged condition until repair day.   


I actually thought I was lucky that the crack is just tiny but it's not the case here. Small crack or totally shattered, same price. Meh. Then the search for a good cellphone service center begins. I don't have APPLE CARE so Apple store is out of the way. Although I should have considered! I searched for people's blog post because how else could I find a reliable store than reading people's review right? There's one in Shibuya but that's totally out of the way so I was just like, okay Takasaki then. Because I was actually going to Kita-Takasaki that day. On the web, they actually have the same price anyway so I was just like whatever even though I wanted to drop by Shibuya, the store doesn't open until like 10 or 11 and my work ends at early morning and I don't really have anything to do in Shibuya that day anyways. So I decided I will just go to the one in Takasaki. Oh before I went, I actually double checked how much thru phone because they don't have the price for the "s" series yet on the web so I was thinking (hoping) maybe the price for the iPhone 6+ is lower now or something but no. 



The one in Shibuya said the same price as the web but the one is Takasaki said a price which is 10,000 yen more expensive and I was just like, maybe I heard it wrong. I didn't confirm. I automatically just thought that it was some sort of a mistake. Or maybe because when I called the one in Takasaki the girl was kind of gloomy and I was like, maybe she's sleepy so yeah totally ignored that. 

iPhone Quick in Takasaki 

I didn't have trouble finding it because it was quite easy to locate. It's probably 10 minutes away from Takasaki Station. Okay so when I went to the shop, I asked once again and voila! Same price as the one mentioned thru phone. I then asked why is the price different from the web and she said that the price on the web doesn't include labor or something. To save me from misery, I just imagined that the same misfortune is waiting for me in Shibuya. Can't really bothered so yeah I just proceeded with the operation and iPhone fixed. Wallet broken. Figuratively. I don't remember how much exactly but I paid around 28,000 yen and it took them about an hour to fix. I initially thought that going to an Apple store would be more expensive but no. I don't think so. My advise for everyone is to PLEASE GET APPLE CARE! IT WILL SAVE YOU FROM THIS MISERY. Also, do compare lotsa stores for there are quite a lot of options. I should have known better. Will never drop a phone ever again. Ciao! 

No comments:

Post a Comment