Lost in Tochigi. Literally. - HEY MIKIE

Sunday 27 March 2016

Lost in Tochigi. Literally.


Just when I thought it couldn't be more rural than Gunma, I was wrong. Hello, Tochigi. 


Here's the story. On my way to Gunma, from Yokohama, I always ride the Tokaido line/Takasaki line with no problem whatsoever, right? And I used to always check the train's destination. This time I didn't. I don't know why. Crazy. I just rode whatever train that stopped there not realizing that at some point, there will be 2 tracks and you know one train would lead to another place and whatever. I was careless. Anyways, it did stop at the places I am so familiar with and because my train was supposed to stop there anyway, I wasn't worried or anything. I usually sleep my way to Gunma. Yokohama crowd is hopeless though so I wait until Ueno or like Tokyo to get seated etc. When that happened, sleep followed up quickly. The good thing about me is that I can sense if I am near so I would like wake up, check remaining sleep time and all that. So yeah I think it was about an hour past Tokyo when I woke up and I was like, where am I? Then we kind of stopped at an unknown station (to me) and I was like, okay maybe this is just an unfamiliar one so Imma check the next station. Then voila! Still unknown. Then I was like, last one. And yeah still unknown. That's when I know I was lost. Goodness gracious. 

And you know, Google Maps then told me I was in Tochigi Prefecture. Never heard. And it is 2 hours away from my destination. Man, I was 2 hours away from destination when I was in Tokyo. So you know, travel time doubled. Not fun.


The good thing about Japan is that I don't have to pay for that trip. Like, I can just go back and re-center or something. Anyways, that's all. It's kind of a mini road-trippy travel though. I wish there were more than just fields to see. Ciao!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment