Japan Dentist Experience - HEY MIKIE

Wednesday 24 June 2015

Japan Dentist Experience


One thing you have to know about dentist here in Japan is that it takes time. Like, so much time. You have to go there every week or when your next schedule is due. Don't get me wrong though! Many of my workmates testified that dental stuff done here is almost good for a lifetime so if you're staying here in Japan for quite a while and considering having some dental works done, then I suggest you start now. 


Me at the dentist! Anyways, being covered by the Japanese Health Insurance, it didn't cost me much. Or so I would like to think. But I also think that it's expensive. Let's just put it this way. The "discounted" price per session that I paid here is the full price I would have to pay in the Philippines. Or even more! Even though apparently, Philippine Health Insurance system doesn't think oral health is of importance. I'm just saying. But in general, one should not convert/compare currency when in different places (I ALWAYS DO). 

Anyways, I was actually kind of hesitant to go to the dentist here because of that matter. But when I got to the dentist, voila! All of the fillings done in the Philippines were digged and refilled. I'm no expert when it comes to this and for all I know, all my previous fillings are good but apparently, not good enough. I'm totally okay with it though. Thing with dental clinics here is that they don't care what you think is wrong with your teeth. THEY WILL FIX EVERYTHING. Is that a bad thing? No. If you're in a hurry or something, maybe. 


Can I just brag that except for this one time, I was never late for my dentist appointment. This is a mystery because back when I had my braces, I think I was always late for my adjustments. 

I was told that my oral health is now at its best and that I have to check in after a month for cleaning then after 3 months then 6. To give you an idea, I started May  2 and officially ended June 23. I spent a total of 21,200 yen for a total of 9 sessions. Not bad! 

1 comment:

  1. Looks so much cooler than our local dentist hehe. Hope everything went well?! xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete