The Good Samaritan? - HEY MIKIE

Sunday 19 October 2014

The Good Samaritan?


When I was furnishing my new apartment, I came across this recycle shop and then I decided to buy stuff from there, right? They were selling washing machine at around 6000 yen and mind you, they really have their game up because after looking at a few stores, they sell the cheapest washing machines I've seen. I'm pretty aware of some extra fees though. Delivery, tax, and all the fuzz!! And then since I know next to nothing about setting up this machinery, I have to pay for that too!! Not only that!! Because my hose is different from the "normal", they have to charge it differently. I think it was like 2500 yen for assembly. And feeling defenseless, I agreed. Besides, if you add it all up, it's still cheaper than other washing machines alone. Like, win-win, right? Delivery day, two guys came. Blonde and brunette! And the blonde assembled the machine. It was hella quick. And then when brunette left, blonde asked me whether I was charged for the assembly. And I don't know what struck to his brain when he asked me whether it is okay for me not to pay for the fee anymore because he said it was too easy to assemble and he's not one to charge service for something that easy. Blonde even asked for me to deny that he did it because it's probably illegal. He said that he'll just say he just dropped off the machine and left. It was really nice of him, you know!! Like, I saved quite some money there, you know! This happened quite a while ago. Probably last month. Anyways, never too late! You know what else is never too late? My next story! 


When we were having our break from work, my aunties from work all of a sudden were talking about their savings and all their possessions back in the Philippines. It was truly inspiring! Like, how hard work can pay off and all that. And then one of them said, I envy you. It's too late for me. It was inspiring to hear all of them object and said, it's never too late!! I think this is one of the things we take for granted. Like, we always think it's too late. But then at some point it will come. We just have to believe that we can. Hashtag deep! I think it's a waste of time and energy to think less of yourself. Don't ever ever underestimate your ability and stuff. Because if you don't believe you can, who will? Other may!!! But will they do what you can do to make that thing come true?? NO! It's always just you, who can. So yeah. Anyways this blog post has been quite random but I hope you learned something from it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment