HeyMikie Chicken Adobo Recipe - HEY MIKIE

Friday 7 June 2019

HeyMikie Chicken Adobo Recipe


Chicken Adobo! The picture above is filleted part usually used for karaage but I also used drumstick and I think cooking a chicken part with bone rather than the filleted one is much better when it comes to the overall experience of eating adobo. 


First, I sauteed the garlic with the chicken and red chili. If you don't like chili, you can obviously just skip that part. Then, I added equal parts of soy sauce and vinegar. The scary part. I usually don't like my adobo salty so I tend to put more vinegar than soy sauce. My kapampangan friend told me that the kapampangan style of cooking is that they only use the soy sauce for color and that adobo is actually supposed to be cooked with vinegar hence the adobong puti concept.

Added sugar because it was too salty. Japanese soy sauce is salty I guess. 
let the vinegar cook

Also added boiled egg because, why would you do adobo without? I'm just saying. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment