HeyMikie Kare-Kare Recipe - HEY MIKIE

Tuesday 27 September 2016

HeyMikie Kare-Kare Recipe


I only usually cook when I'm off from work. And even then, I don't really cook fancy stuff or recipes that would require a lot of chopping, slicing, and the like. I tend to go for easy recipes. I blame my micro kitchen space for this. Although I really aspire to do everything from scratch. Someday. You know what they say, fake it until you make it.


Kare-kare usually uses oxtail but you know, it's a little bit hard for me to get that considering I wake up at like 10pm to cook and the only supermarket that is open near me doesn't carry that particular kind of meat. So pork meat it is. Beef is actually even better for this but you know, whatever.  



Then I usually cut the meat like so.

The vegetables

I actually only want to eat the veggies TBH. Meat is good too! But ya know! I actually only put the meat because it wouldn't taste good if I wouldn't put some so yeah. 


Then you just let the meat boil like so. Meat here in Japan is generally tender so  this is a quick process. You can put the veggies after a while already. Or if you want them extra crispy, you delay. You get the point, right? 


Then of course. Everything now is instant so as much as I don't want to know what's inside that pack, I know it's not good for you. Maybe. 


If you put the packet, this is how it would look like and after you give it a little more time, it would have a thicker consistency and that's what we're going for here. 


Also, if you're a lazy ass like me who can't be bothered finding some ground up peanuts, hail to the peanut butter because it got you covered. I believe the packet already contains peanuts though but since we're already doing the tamad version, you don't be so tamad! So add some more peanuts in there! 
 


Then you add bagoong! Ciao! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment