Mockingjay Part 2 Movie Review - HEY MIKIE

Friday 27 November 2015

Mockingjay Part 2 Movie Review


As a huge huge fan of the trilogy, I was really really excited for this movie. You know I ranted about how last year, Mockingjay Part 1 was shown 8 months after its original release and how I was able to download it in HD 5 months before they even release it here but this time, no. Japan is catching up! Release date is surprisingly the same as everywhere else. Take that, world! ;) Apparently we'll burn with ya. If you know what I mean. 

Anyways. Epic. I know I predicted this last movie as my fave but definitely not my favorite among the bunch but you know, it's not that bad either. I guess it's just not as action-packed as the book. I actually expected a lot more from it. But maybe that's just me. It's always just me anyways. I also expected they give more justice to Prim's death because you know, in the book, that really broke my heart. Because you know, I have little duckling sisters too. And in the movie, meh. Didn't have an impact. But don't get me wrong! There are quite some scenes that got me really good. 


One of my favorite scene is when Katniss said NIGHTLOCK 3x for the pod to auto-destruct. It's so emotional. Like, you can see Katniss' loneliness. Almost the same as how I felt when I was reading that part. I learned to like Finnick's character. Goodness gracious bless his soul. 


This one is so epic that I can't even. I can't. Everything was perfectly executed. Quite literally.
 

Also this one. The bittersweet goodbye. I loved this. Having watched all 4 films, Effie Trinket is really my ish. Won't spoil you anymore but please do see the movie. It's the last one afterall. 


We did watch in Roppongi Toho Cinema because apparently, that's the best in town. It was subtle and I liked it. Almost home-movie-ish. It just really feels good to see a very much anticipated movie on screen after like years of illegally downloading stuff. 
 

May the odds be ever in our favor. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment