Visiting an Eye Clinic in Japan - HEY MIKIE

Monday 6 July 2015

Visiting an Eye Clinic in Japan


Remember when I told you about how my eyes are failing me, I can't take it anymore. I went with a friend because you know, Japanese is hard so we went as a team. Hahaha nah she also wanted her eyes checked. But also that!

Check-up machines

We went to a small eye clinic very near our place. Surprisingly, we were the only youngsters there contrary to the popular belief that almost all the young people in Japan wear glasses. People were even looking at us weirdly. Like, what's up? Or they were looking maybe because we were noisy kind of. Anyways the check-up was quick. Just a 4-step process. 

First, they asked me to look at the parachute thing that goes in and out of focus. 
Second, they just somehow pumped the eyes with air.
Third, they asked for me to read the charts.
Then lastly, in a dark room, the doctor examined the eyes with his blue penlight or something, I don't really know. 


Us girls! :) Anyways, my eyes are actually worse than I think. It's horrible. Can't even read the third line of the chart properly. Like, whut? I was then prescribed glasses. But I was like, can I get contacts instead? The doctor considered it for a while, then thought of giving me dailies. Then he was like, better give you the 2 weeks one churva ekek. So then I got prescribed that. What I have now is actually a pair of weaker grade contacts because I don't know, I think they would still have to customize the grade or something. 


Anyways, I will be back there next week to collect the contacts and that's good for I think 3 months time so yay! That visit was actually very cheap! As for me, it was just around 1500 yen inclusive of check-up, a pair of contacts, and the solution (with case). My friend spent more than 2000 yen though. I don't know how they calculated hers but she didn't have anything with that but check-up. Maybe because of the fact that I would somehow be a regular for getting contacts there every 3 months or whatever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment