Having my Hair Cut in Japan - HEY MIKIE

Sunday 19 July 2015

Having my Hair Cut in Japan

This isn't my first time having my hair cut here but this one I would like to share. To be fair though, there's no way I think this salon is better than my previous salon or the other way around but yeah. It just so happen that I feel like blogging now. As per usual. It's actually quite easy to find a salon here in Japan. And when you go in and don't speak English, you'll do just fine. They do understand basic terms. Cut, color, perm, iron, shampoo, style, and all that hair stuff. It's kinda handy to have a picture of the style you want and show them. They would more or else get what you want.


Salons here in Japan is kind of expensive for my taste. But it's actually good. Their stylists take time to figure out what would look best on you. In fairness to them. Also, this new salon that I went to have a separate cut and color stylist.

Before


But maybe unlike in the Philippines, their stylists can be a little talkative which I don't really appreciate. Can I just share that I haven't encountered a cut stylists that's not kinda cute? And flirty. The first salon I went to said I look kirei, right? This new stylist called me kawaii. Ugh, what can I do? This new one really look so demure and so kind. He looks like Vanness Wu from F4.


Me at the salon

It's really funny how my cut stylist was kinda hopeless in my disinterest in fixing my broken hair. He was like, there's a treatment that will make your hair healthy in an instant. Like, to the point that you'll be surprised. And I was just looking at him and explaining all the failure my hair have been thru in the past and he was like, oh. Hahaha it's cute.

After

I went for a tad lighter hair color than I already had and I'm really happy about the results. In the beginning, I actually hoped I chose a lighter color but being the lazy salon goer than I am, this might just be the percect color for me to sort of maintain. Or not.


Lastly, almost wherever you go here in Japan, they give you a membership card of some sort. If you go to their shop often, you acquire points that you can exchange for a service later. Kinda neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment