Family Mart Macaroon Review - HEY MIKIE

Wednesday 25 February 2015

Family Mart Macaroon Review


To be honest, I was so interested in trying these when it first came out but due to previous bad experiences, I did not but now I am glad I picked it up. It's been around for probably like months now. 

Rasberry, Matcha, Chocolate, & Lemon 

Before, I'm only really interested in Macaroons because they are associated with France and lord knows I am obsessed with Paris. Now, I just want to prove that it's not as horrible as I think it is. Quality wise, I wouldn't consider myself lucky for a lot of times. I haven't tasted authentic ones yet so I don't really know what's up and back in the Philippines, I tasted two brands and both were too sweet for my liking. They have this very sharp confectioner's sugar taste and I don't like that. Like, come on. And crappy fillings I must add. Moving on to Japan...

  Pretty! 

Pretty surprised with these though!! The shell and everything tasted very mild. Me likey! For actually the same price range, Family Mart Macaroons taste expensive. I mean, it's convenience store brand so that's what's up. 


I tried Lemon first because I thought this would taste worst but I was surprised because it was actually really good!!! All tasted pretty true to its flavor. Very distinct from each other. The shell is also crispy-soft which I like. Also I just made up that description and it doesn't make sense hahaha. 


I thought Matcha would be my favorite but it's actually a tie between that and chocolate. Raspberry was okay. Not a big fan of it though. Yeah I recommend this if you like Macaroons or just sweet things in general. Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously never tried these, even when I was in Paris. I guess it is like sushi, you'll hate or love it.
    But after this post getting kinda curious again to those Macaroons. Maybe, one day :)

    ReplyDelete